Have you used Code Studio?

• Yes, it was great! :smile:
  • Yes, but I found it difficult to use :frowning:
  • Yes, but I failed to achieve what I set out to do! :weary:
  • No, what is Code Studio? :confused:
  • No, haven’t got around to it yet :sleeping:

0 voters

Please let us know in the comments what you used it for and how it helped you?

Looks pretty good overall. So far mostly using to create custom CSS. A little more documentation would be helpful. For example, a list of useful, overridable CSS classes would be great.

Hi

The list of overridable CSS classes would be huge… because essentially anything can be overridden if you are determined enough :slight_smile:

Do you use Chrome/Firefox’s Inspect devtools? This is a great way to try out new styles and new classes. It also allows you to get very specific on your targeting…

If you have any questions, feel free to reply and I will help as best as I can :slight_smile:

Paul Edmonds
UX/UI

Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I do understand the issues with the volume and complexity of CSS! :frowning:

Maybe a list of some of the important ones as well as any, “you really don’t want to mess with this”, items? For example, SUBTABS and PAGETABS are quite useful things to know about.

I do use Chrome as my primary browser, and am intimately familiar with Inspect. I also have a decent understanding of Bootstrap and am having good results doing most things with that. It’s been a slog, but I am making progress!

Regards,

Randy

Hi, sorry I have been away. Thanks for your reply. If you hit any serious issues, please fire away. I spend many of my days re-theming systems for clients and have probably modified everything at some point.

A lot of the things that I change to meet client branding requirements centre around the styling on navs, headers and buttons… [always the buttons]

Incidentally, if you are writing in SCSS, you can test it out here: https://www.sassmeister.com/

Paul,

Making the buttons more “button-y” was the first thing I tackled. :slight_smile:

The second was reducing overall white space similar to what “compact” did in version 8. Bootstrap is nice but, to me, is really profligate with screen real estate. Both seem to be working pretty well.

Thanks for the pointer. I’ll check it out.

Regards,

Randy